Meditation is the habitual process of your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts.
The popularity of meditation is increasing as more people discover its many health benefits.
Some people think that meditation is simple and everyone can do meditation which makes relaxation too.
Why people meditate
Lower, Reduce or Release Stress
This is most common reasons people try for meditation
Meditation may build your ability to redirect and maintain attention.
Regular meditation decreases anxiety by weakening the connection between two parts of the brain, reduce stress levels and improve stress reactivity and coping skills.
Promotes Emotional Health
Meditation can lead more positive outlook on life. Can improve depression and reduce negative thoughts.
Understanding Your Pain , Enhances Self-awareness
Meditation can help you “know yourself better” and teach you to recognize thoughts that may be harmful or self-defeating.
May Reduce Age-Related Memory Loss
Meditation may boost your memory and mental clarity. These benefits can help fight age-related memory loss and dementia.
Can generate kindness, Increase Empathy
Meditation particularly increase positive feelings and actions toward yourself and others. Loving-kindness meditation (Metta) increases positivity, empathy, and compassionate behavior toward others.
May help fight addictions, Overcome craving
Meditation develops mental awareness and can help you manage triggers for unwanted impulses. This can help you recover from addiction and redirect other unwanted habits.
Meditation can help you relax and runaway thoughts that can interfere with sleep
Can decrease blood pressure
Regular meditation can help not only decrease the blood pressure but also helping prevent heart disease by reduce strain on the heart and arteries.
How to start Meditation
The basic of meditation is
- Find a place and take a seat
- Please which is quiet and silent place.
- Set timer limit
- How long you can do meditation, set timer limit
- Get the relax position for meditation
- Meditation can be done as any comfortable position.
- can sit on the chair, can sit on the floor, lie down in the bed and walking meditation
- Start the meditation and feel your breath
- Follow the sensation of your breath as it goes in and it goes out.
- Beware your mind will be wandered
- You cannot pay attention to your breath all the time, your attention will leave the breath and wander to other places. When you get around to noticing that your mind has wandered, and let your mind return to the breath.
You may notice how busy your mind was even without your consciously directing it to think about anything in particular.
How long can you concentrate in your breath and wandered away breath.
If you are self-learner then you can meditate according to guideline
If you need the guide for your meditation then there are some records can get from websites
Enjoy meditation and can release any stress.
#For the Picture, Credit to the Designed by Freepik